Sir Winston Churchill said: “Those who fail to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.”
“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” is sometimes credited to Benjamin Franklin.
A workflow management system creates an infrastructure for performance monitoring. It is also a visual diagram of a structured, predefined set of activities that produce a desired result.
When people operate outside of their flow, problems arise. For example, if an individual works in a highly challenging environment in which their natural skills are bettered, they tend to experience anxiety and stress.
As we have laid the premise of planning, today we will be taking a critical look at workflows and its appendages and how they are can be used in projects. You are going to understand the benefits of creating a workflow. This article covers for both giant and startup companies; follow through as we take you through this journey of creating a bigger and better company.
Here are the main benefits of workflow management:
- Workflows management save time and ensure productivity, efficiency, and transparency.
- It reduces the risk of loss as all would have been checked. It is responsible for ensuring adequate headcount and resources are allocated for each of the tasks.
- It creates a simulation of the project to be carried out. It explains work responsibility to all involved in the project. Instead of your staff being uncertain about whose responsibility it is to complete a task or where their own duties lie, a workflow already has that covered.
- A workflow is essentially flexible and can be modified suit the company’s taste.
These are the 8 trends in workflow management:
- Closely partnering with customers is one of the most effective and productive trends in workflow management. This way companies learn about customers priorities and their insatiable wants. The customers provide firsthand information that should be included in any workflow plan.
- Use tools! With the advent of the information technology, a good CEO cannot afford to turn a blind eye on IT. There are many creative workflow management tools or systems a company can use to enhance productivity. Technology continues to evolve rapidly and revolutionize the way companies manage and manipulate data. Using workflow management system/software is a stepping stone for your company. The software to watch out for should be complete with sections for both capital and human resources. Workflow management system provides analytics and insights. Research has shown that over 70% of giant companies use software for easy workflow management. Less than 20% either don’t use workflow or use workflow in hardcopy form.
- Time is any business’s greatest asset and one of the biggest enemies. Not meeting schedules or delivering jobs and tasks can be disastrous. Having a goo knowledge of your organization’s operations and systems, then applying that information to ‘predict and prepare’ is one of the most important advantages a company can have to save limited time and scarce resources. Big companies will be insisting on using analytics to provide insights. Companies will predict outcomes based on thorough research of the past, present and future.
- Simplicity is a very important trend when it comes to workflow management. The workflow management software or process used should be easy and simple to use and modify. The workflow management system should be able to maneuver and store enormous volume of data. The recent trends in workflow management involve using workflow management systems that are easy to use and can hold large data.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the new feet in information technology (IT). AI will add great productivity. It interacts with resources and responds to your plans with insights and suggestions to make add efficiency to your process. One way it’s already acting to streamline projects is by online tools that don’t rely on paper and centralize data that is easily accessible by all.
- Flexibility! To achieve success you should make your company’s workflow as flexible as possible. It should allow to easy change and adjustment. Most companies have workflow management plans that can be adjusted from time to time.
Seek help from professionals. Project and workflow management has been growing as a profession for many years now. There are a lot of workflow managers that can be used in all the stages of creating a workflow. This means that there is a lot of help out there!
- Think out of the box; create extra workflow management rules that would suit your desired result.
What Inpensa does
We are not recreating the wheel. We are taking what people are struggling to do today manually on spreadsheets and taking data in and out of different systems and we are streamlining and putting it all in one place. It is retraining people with how they manage data from a data entry standpoint, data analytic perspective, data reporting and KPI’s as opposed to introducing new concepts. All are concepts they are familiar with, they have to manage workflow from ideation to measuring the results of projects, merge capex and opex, they have to look at ROI for investments, create standardization, optimization, reduce touch points and provide real time data that is accelerating the speed of which they make decisions and make them more agile organizations.